Hi! I'm Rebecca Gansen, pleased to meet you :)
I could go on and on about my philosophy on photography, but to be honest...you've heard it all before. The fact that I'm a photographer should be proof enough that I do, indeed, love capturing memories that will last a lifetime. I could describe my style of shooting, but I'm hoping my photos speak for themselves. Please, check out all of my galleries! I'd love for you to get to know the real me, so feel free to read on! Then, if you like what you see with my photos, and you like what you read, shoot me an email and lets chat about what YOU want with your photos. And, if you want to see some legitimate credentials (Such as proof of insurance/business license, my Professional Photography degree, or some awards I've won) I would be happy to share those with you as well.
Here are some random little tidbits that I feel make me unique:
- I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate. This started as a necessity. I realized at a young age that the milk chocolate Hershey's pieces disappeared immediately, but I didn't have to fight anyone off for the dark. Now, I legitimetaly prefer the taste of dark chocolate.
- I've been known on occasion to eat an entire can of black olives at a time. And by on occasion, I mean all the time.
- Anytime I set out to express a list of random facts about myself, they almost always revolve around food. I love food, yet I'm a picky eater.
- I love to become fully committed to a hobby for approximately 3 months and then lose all interest. Photography has been the only constant since I was a child. I've never grown tired of it, and that's how I knew it needed to be my career. I came to this realization when I was a sophomore in high school.
- While I love all animals, I've always had a special place in my heart for cats. Growing up, we had a few farm cats. I would sit outside under and umbrella to help keep them warm and dry during the rain. This is odd to me as an adult, because we had several buildings that they had access to.
- I ran cross-country for 4 years in high school, even though I've always hated running. I met my husband through cross-country, so I'd say it was well worth it. This is one of those odd little things that make me think that maybe fate does exist.
- Throughout my life, I've been attempting to create the perfect homemade pizza. I've gotten to the point where I create both sauce and dough from scratch, yet it still isn't quite right.
- Photography is literally the only area in my life in which I'm a perfectionist. I'm a crafter, but I won't make a craft if it requires precision.
- The majority of my best friends are also photographers.
- I love the Iowa State Cyclones. While I didn't attend the university, several of my family members did and I've been attending sporting events since before I can remember.
- Even though I'm 27 years old, I still travel with my family. They love me when I make them wake up before the sun rises to catch some "great light".
- I probably tell too many stories about my cats. They are hilarious.
- 95% of the time I prefer jeans and a sweatshirt. And that's a lie...I actually prefer sweatpants.
- I used to show chickens at the county fair. That wasn't my calling, but I loved the experience.
- I would love to get to know you better as well!
Follow the links on the bottom of the webpage to check out my Facebook, Blog, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest pages!